Thursday, August 27, 2009

Catching Up...

This is a throwback to the Quake 4 days: Paul Richards was gracious enough to draw pages and pages of kickass Hellchick concepts for me to model a few years ago. At the time I was probably too busy playing World of Warcraft or eating Doritos (maybe both) to finish it so I've decided that it's time to pick it back up.

I also asked Paul about modeling his Dominance War entry, which I would still love to do, but at this point I felt that coming back to Hellchick would give me a chance to prove some things to myself. She's been modeled by quite a few people over the years so I'm going to deviate from the concept and give it some of my own flavor. I also want to push it more towards the skillsets I would like to develop. I'm going to go a lot heavier with the demonic organics, and will probably add more tech to her than she currently has because those are the two areas where I really want to shine.

In the end I will be referencing all of the work Paul did for her, along with some of his other Quake 4 Strogg stuff with the hope that it keeps a distinctly, "Pauly" type flava.

Here's the first pass rough in. It's still missing plenty of parts, and I'm still trying to nail down the proportions/horn configuration.



No comments:

Post a Comment